A great landing page generate leads, referrals, and sales. Although it looks like a normal website, it operates a little differently. Literally, it is used to drive visitor conversion by getting them to click through to a specific action. Here are few essential tips when designing your landing page:
Step 1: BUILD AN ACTIONABLE AND CREATIVE HEADLINE
- Good website design company concentrates on actionable and creative headline. It tells the visitor how they can get it. The headline should not generic, instead you should remind visitors why they are on your web page. Use a descriptive headline.
Step 2: CATER CONTENT TO THE STAGE OF THE SALES CYCLE
- Stage based marketing also applies with landing page of webpage. Visitors land on your web page to get the certain information on web page so in this scenario the page content needs to cater those preferences. Consider including a quick bulleted list describing the benefit of your offer, testimonials of clients or short case studies.
Step 3: KEEP THE CONTENT CLEAR AND CONCISE
- The vast majority of the visitors don’t read the full content. They generally focus on top and left side of the page and before leaving the site they read about 28% of the words on the page. The first paragraph of the content should be effective enough to give the visitor the necessary information. If possible divide the content into groups and make sure to write it clear and concise.
Step 4: TRY TO KEEP THE LANDING PAGE SHORT AND TO THE POINT
- If you want to convert your lead into sales, then simplify your path to conversion make it easy for them. Too many steps before actual conversion, and you will lose the visitor, Make your forms short and don’t make your leads jump through hoops just to give you their information.
Step 5: KEEP VISITORS ENGAGED
- The job is not finished after converting the lead into a sell rather keep your visitor engaged on your site with a compelling thank you page. Make your thank you page compelling with some additional engagement like videos or case studies.
Step 6: TEST THE PERFORMANCE OF YOUR LANDING PAGE
- Don’t go for guesswork, test the performance of landing page by data and find out for sure what works and what does not. Some tools are available like marketing automation, which is ideal one to test the calls to action, offers, headlines and colors.